Acrylic is impact-resistant and very durable but will damage if harsh cleaning solutions get onto it (see our list below*). Using the right cleaners will help keep your acrylic looking like new for years to come read on for what to use and how to properly care for your acrylic.
Before You Start To Clean Acrylic
- Wear rubber gloves and handle your acrylic by its edges
- Put your acrylic on a clean, lint-free surface – if it is a small piece of acrylic cover the area with paper towels; if it is a large piece, prop it against a wall or other surface.
- Gently sweep a lint free soft cotton or micro fibre cloth over both sides of your acrylic to remove any loose dust or dirt.
- Spray a small amount of Acrylic Cleaner onto another soft cloth and onto your acrylic. Wipe gently with a lint-free soft cotton or micro fibre cloth until the cleaner is totally gone.
- Let your acrylic dry and handle by its edges again to put it back into use / place.
* Cleaning Related Products Not To Be Used On Acrylic
- Any ammonia based cleaner eg) Â window cleaner
- Abrasive or caustic cleaners
- WD-40 or any other petroleum-based chemical
- Scrubbing pads or other abrasive pad
- Any cloth that is not soft cotton or micro fibre