Follow these tried and trusted steps to get scratches out of acrylic:
- Get some wet and dry paper – grades 600, 800 and 1200.
- Rub the scratch using the 600 grade wet and dry paper and a little water.Â Your acylic might start looking frosted and apear to get lots of little scratch marks -Â don’t worry; this is normal and they will disappear later.
- Swap to grade 800 wet and dry paper -Â carry on gently rubbing the scratch for a minute.
- Swap to the 1200 grade wet and dry paper and continue rubbing for another minute.
- Clean and dry the area â€“ it will look frosty. Buff the area with Brasso and the frost effect will go leaving your acrylic looking like it has never been scratched.
- If your scratch is deep,Â sadly it will not come out
- The above method works on glossy and reflective acrylics (like clear acrylic, acrylic baths and glossy coloured acrylics) but not frost effect acrylic.