Effective for roof glazing , conservatory glazing, carports, porches, lean tos, orangeries, swimming pool roofs and greenhouses this post celebrates the wonders of twinwall and multiwall polycarbonate. It is unlike any other material. Here’s how and why:
1. Twinwall/multiwall is safe - upto 200x stronger than glass, twinwall and multiwall polycarbonates are incredibly impact resistant. In fact our twinwall and multiwall is bomb blast resistant! Because it is virtually unbreakable it is a safe choice for the home and public spaces.
2. Twinwall/multiwall insulates brilliantly- twinwall polycarbonate has two thin sheets of polycarbonate separated by vertical dividing sheets; multiwall polycarbonate is the same with atleast three thin sheets of polycarbonate separated by vertical dividing sheets. The thicker the multiwall, the more dividing sheets it contains. The dividing sheets give this polycarbonate a fluted appearance and structure. Air is trapped within the flutes which prevents heat escaping. Generally speaking the thicker the multiwall the higher the insulation; the thinner the twinwall/multiwall the higher the light transmission.
3. Twinwall/mulitwall provides UV protection – our twinwall and multiwall polycarbonate almost totally blocks harmful UV radiation while still allowing exceptional levels of visibility.
4. Twinwall / multiwall is easy to use - twinwall and multiwall polycarbonate is very light in weight and easy to lift / handle and cut if necessary.
5. Twinwall / mulitwall is low maintenance - cleaning is simple with soap and warm water.
Visit The Plastic People for further details on twinwall polycarbonate and multiwall polycarbonate. We have twinwall available in 6mm, 10mm and 25mm thicknesses, let our friendly customer services team know if we can help you in any way.