If you like mirrored wardrobes but not their often hefty price tag, consider making your own – perhaps you’ll be inspired by this makeover by a customer of cut to size acrylic mirror retailer, The Plastic People.
Existing wardrobe doors have been transformed by gluing acrylic mirror on in a uniform pattern. Working with acrylic mirror can be safer than glass mirror as it is much lighter than glass making it easier to handle yourself. It is also much stronger than glass mirror and very unlikely to break – if it did, it wouldn’t shatter into many small pieces like glass mirror.
Here’s what you’ll need
- Your wardrobe
- Ruler or measuring tape
- Acrylic Mirror – cut to your sizes
- Eye protection
- Acrylic mirror adhesive
- Measure out the areas of your wardrobe that you’d like to cover – length and width.
- Order acrylic mirror cut to the sizes of the space you want to cover. Use an online service for this – acrylic mirror can be safely delivered to you saving you time and hassle of shopping and transporting it yourself. The Plastic People have a cut to size calculator where you can see the cost quickly as well as order should you wish to.
- Apply acrylic mirror adhesive to the back of the mirror pieces and press them firmly onto your wardrobe
- Repeat until your wardrobe is covered.
- Clean your new mirrored furniture pieces with soapy warm water to remove any excess mirror adhesive.
Your very own mirrored wardrobe!
You can also cover drawers and dressing tables in the same way to match in with your new mirrored wardrobe – check out these examples below. The simplest of all is covering your furniture top with mirror: just measure the length and width of your furniture top. Once you have that, order your cut to size acrylic mirror at these sizes. Top tip from The Plastic People is to have the corners of your cut to size acrylic mirror rounded to ensure no sharp edges.