- Super strength – acrylic is 17x stronger than glass making it considerably more impact resistant and safer
- Crystal clear - 92% of visible light can pass through acrylic. Acrylic remains clear compared to very thick glass which has a green tint to it
- Weather proof – it is a myth that acrylic yellows or breaks down when in sunshine over a long period of time (it is cheap plastic which does that)
- It insulates better than glass – using it as glazing can potentially reduce your heating bills
- Lightweight – acrylic is only half as heavy as glass which makes it easier to work with, and indeed a better choice for projects if weight is an issue
- Easy to cut – acrylic can be sawed, whereas glass must be scored
- Easy to bend and shape – acrylic can be shaped and made into structures without seams
- Looks like new – acrylic can remain new looking for several decades, regardless of age or exposure to sun. Scratches can be buffed out – unlike glass – and edges polished to a high shine for that brand new look.
Spotting any difference in appearance is tricky – can you see any ? For more information or advice about acrylic the friendly team at The Plastic People are on hand to help. Contact them here.